🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Friday, July 17, 2015

Stick Pony Tutorial

 What's a horse themed party without stick ponies? Well, we are making these stick ponies as a craft project for the kiddos to do at the party. Then, they will get to take the ponies home as a favor.
 We made 30 felt horse heads.  They are finished to a point.  All the kids will have to do is stuff them, cinch the bottom closed, then insert the dowel rod.
 Here's how I did it.  I freehand cut out a horse head shape.  I cut out 2 of the same color.
 We chose a different color for the mane.  Just a thin strip of felt fringed.  I used pinking sheers but you can use regular scissors.
 Pin the two pieces together.
 Sew around the whole head.  If you don't have a sewing machine, you could hand sew. Or you could hot glue around the edges.
 With a large needle, do a basting stitch around the "neck" - this will make it easy to close after it it stuffed.
 I hot glued the googly eyes on.
 I folded the ear in half and glued to give it more dimension then I glued the ear onto the head.
 All you have to do now is stuff, cinch, and insert the dowel rod.
 Here, I made a different version - Unicorns!!!
30 stick ponies done. Whew!

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: