🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Thursday, November 12, 2015

It's A Small World play mat

A woman sent me an Etsy convo.

#1 on her daughter's Christmas list was an It's A Small World play set. She had searched high and low but all for naught.

I said I would take the weekend to brainstorm.  I got some patterns to my wood guy (aka wood genious!) and began to work.

I put all the pieces together, painted the peg dolls, and sewed my little fingers to the bone :)  I sent her a group of photos and illustrations, explaining my thought process.

She was over the moon happy with it.

This week, I painted the tunnels, stitched the long winding river play mat, and put the finishing touches on her custom order. It shipped it today. She should get it Saturday. Gotta love USPS priority shipping!

Things are buzzin' in my shop. I've got to get busy making more! I kinda feel like a Christmas elf!

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: