🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Inspiration for the Little Blue Cottage

My Grandma Helen was probably one of the most influential people in my life. I will not be able to write this post without bawling, but here it goes.

She was my mother's mother. She cook and cleaned and was always in the garden. She loved the color blue and birds and flowers. But most of all, she lived God and my Grandpa. She was the epitome of a faithful Christian wife and mother.

Thank you, God, for giving Grandma Helen to me as an example of what a Christian wife and mother should look like. I miss her every day.

So, just like a writer draws on their own experiences when they write novels, I too draw on personal experience. The Blue Cottage. The garden. The sweetness of it.

That's where I draw my inspiration.

Have a fun and playful day
Mel