🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Friday, August 14, 2015

Terrariums for Kids

Okay, you gotta give it to Martha Stewart. Everything she does looks perfect. I mean, just look at this kid's terrarium that she did. This photo is from one of her kids magazine's that she used to put out every couple of months or so. Do you remember them? They were small - about the size of a tv guide.

I have something in common with Martha. Ready? My initials. M.S. Martha Stewart. Melanie Shanks. Also, we have a love of crafting in common. They used to call me the "Martha Stewart of the preschool" as I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to presentation.

I actually made a couple of these terrarium in my preschool classroom to show habitats. The kids loved them. Very educational. A real conversation starter.

It's back to school season. It's the only time of the year that I kinda miss being in the classroom - the setting it up, the arranging, New toys and lesson plans. The science center was my favorite center in my classroom. Science and preschool go hand in hand.

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: