🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Not always a fairytale

When we were little, we read Cinderella. Sometimes, my life feels like that - more on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor than dancing in a ballgown. (you laugh, but you've been there!)

I love my husband. He is a prince most of the time. We both came from not so good precious marriages and I think that makes us appreciate each other more. We are a team - is against the world. But we like each other. Read that again. We LIKE each other. We laugh and joke and have so much in common and encourage each other.

Sometimes, he surprises me. We like to take day trips, just get in the car, pick a direction, and go.

One day, we ended up at this castle. I think we got lost getting there if I remember correctly and it was clear out in the sticks, but we got there. They were only taking guided tours.

As we stood at the back of a small group only half listening to the monotoned man talk about this man's grand gesture to build a castle for his wife having it shipped over from Europe and put it back together stone by stone, I tried to talk him into sneaking off to dance in one of the empty rooms. He smiled like he was thinking about it but said we shouldn't. I do remember him holding my hand though.

It was a Cinderella moment - a good kind of Cinderella moment indeed.

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: