🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Monday, June 10, 2013

Garden Party Inspiration

So...somewhere Miss G got inspired to have a Rabbit Tea Party.  Okay!  I went with it.  I found this picket fence basket at Michael's Crafts Store and painted it white.  Before I set up for the Tea Party (while she was napping), I decided to play with themes.  Maybe they will give you inspiration for a backyard tea party or a birthday party.

 I made a simple bunting from shades of green and patterned papers from Archivers, Joanns, and Michaels.  I added a fresh cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, and radishes to my picket fence basket.  I had a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet.  It looked like grass, so I added that.  Then I bought one yard of green and white gingham for the tablecloth.
 Here, I have a bird from the Dollar Store, a blue frame that I found in the dollar section at Michael's, and a Schleich hedgehog.  I just have a collection of stuff and just tried different combination.  This would be cute for a boy or girl or birthday party or a baby shower.
 Here is the close up.  Isn't it just darling?
 This would make a cute and simple bug themed party.  I got the bugs from Target's Summer section.  I think they are by Sunny Patch.
 Mr. Hop is read for his tea party.  I stacked old books so that he could see the table. :) I think it adds a little whimsy.
 Three Green Owls - they are from Oriental Trading Company.  But again...simple and cute.
 Here is a family of deer.
 The baby shower could be themed "Dear Little One" or something.  These are Schleich deer.
 The Woodland Animal theme.  I did this a few years ago for my brother and sister in-law's baby shower.  I had cross-sections of logs and sticks and ferns and twigs, too.

 This mushroom is actually a pen.  It added that little something, something to the décor.
 This one is Simply Rabbit - oh! you know what this would be so cute for?  The kids' table at Easter.
 Whooooo's Having A Baby? or Whooooo's Turning 2?  Owl-themed party.  The green owl is from Oriental Trader.  The blue one is actually a chapstick/lip gloss.  The brown owl is from Schleich.  (They made thee best animals!)
Here is Just A Snail...could be a garden party theme, a snail theme, you name it.  Again, simple and cute.  Birthday parties and baby showers can be elegant and simple and beautiful.  I used veggies (bought at Kroger) instead of flowers and I added a few whimsical touches.

No comments: