🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mouse (& a few hamsters) Tea Party

 In preparation for our Mouse Tea Party, we read "The Red, Ripe Strawberry) by Audrey Wood and watched Cinderella.  Big Blue Eyes looked at me and asked, "Can I wear my Cinderella dress, because Cinderella had mouse friends?"  How can I argue with that logic?  We sliced cheese and cut up strawberries.  It was the perfect morning for a front porch Mouse Tea Party.
 Big Blue Eyes wanted "pink flowers and a blue tablecloth".  Okay!  I found these gerber daisies at Kroger and picked some wild flowers - I think they are mustard - on my way in this am.  Yes, I was roadside picking flowers for a tea party at 7am.
 The table looked so cute.
 Of course, the cheese and crackers were the biggest hit with our mouse friends.
 Our guests include...The striped mouse is by JellyCat.  The white mice are by Schleich.  The mouse with the pink dress on is a Woodzeez.  The pink and blue mice are actually hamsters - Japanese erasers.  The mice from Cinderella were from a playset found at the Disney Store ages ago.
 HUGE strawberry!
 Gus, Gus, get down from there :)
I even added some ribbon to the back of the chair - just to make it "fancy".

No comments: