🐸My Etsy Sh🌎p🐸

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

eraser hamsters

I love all things teeny tiny. I used to collect (okay, okay, hoard!) little toys as a child. I guess I still do.
I went through a small obsession a couple years ago over these iwako Japanese erasers. My husband doesn't buy me flowers. "They just die," he says. But he does but my toys :)
I have found that teeny tiny toys have value in teaching, too. They make excellent counters for explaining simple addition, substraction, sorting, and grouping. The above photo shows them balancing on golf tees - a small motor exercise.
Children also like small toys for imaginative play like on this playscape play mat or making a scene if their own making.
These little hamsters were $.25 in some stores. The rarer colors were more. But I have definitely gotten my money out of these lil guys.

Have a fun and playful day
Mel

No comments: